View Single Post
Old 7th February 2020, 20:38   #7
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
The ford pinto engine.. I fitted one to one of my trikes a few years ago, tuned it nicely, made a glorious sound on full chat.

Do I spy a nice tubular manifold Wes?
Do you still have your trike Andy, you got any pics. Yes it has the 4 branch exhaust manifold, plus some sort of beefy exhaust, it sounds blooming great for a 1.6. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham1961 View Post
Looks nice, I had two Capris between 1985/91, a 1.6GL on a W reg, and a B reg 2.0ltr laser, both great cars, the one I'd wished I'd kept was the 2.0 laser, still a timeless shape.
I agree Graham, they are the next best thing to a muscle car.

This one has been stripped and welded throughout, interior was stripped, floor welded and all painted. The inner wings front and rear plus arches, top struts, inner and outta sills, headlight bowls, boot floor, spring hangers all sorted, she feels really solid, feels better than my 1982 LS model did. She is pretty much original, the only mod is the exhaust and the black bonnet, the bonnet I may get painted red, not sure I'm keen on a black bonnet.

She's had a engine rebuild, lots of new parts, the brakes have been overhauled, new master, discs, drums, calipers, cylinders etc, you still don't stop as good as a new car though. She's had new shocks, new front arms, track rods ends etc, I'm finding new stuff everyday. She isn't perfect....yet, a few door dings along N/S, plus the paint could be better on front wings, lots of little things really.

She ain't bad for 34 years old though, will only keep appreciating in value, a nice little investment.

I keep saying to myself... I must not neglect the ZT or the TF, or the wife and kids.

Here's some pics...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg small NS Front.jpg (139.9 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg small OS.jpg (76.5 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg small NS.jpg (69.3 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg small OS Floor.jpg (86.8 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg small NS Floor.jpg (71.0 KB, 281 views)

Last edited by Dallas; 12th October 2020 at 23:05..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote