Thread: Avoid Mintex
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2019, 11:10   #26
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarDonaldBalls View Post
Be wary of autodoc (also onlinecarparts.co.uk and buycarparts.co.uk, all the same company)

They ship from Germany and any returns have to go back there.

They are known to send different a different brand than you ordered.

Say you order a set of TRW discs, they may send you a set of Stark discs instead. They will claim that the TRW discs were damaged so they upgraded you to a better, more expensive option at no extra cost. It's nearly always Stark branded items they send in this situation and if you check, they are one of the most expensive options they stock despite nobody I know ever having heard of them.

Autodoc and it's sister companies are based in Berlin.

Stark was conveniently founded in Berlin in 2013.

It's not easy to find on their sites how to return those unwanted Stark discs you received but it seems they expect you to pay return postage and wait a very long time for a refund.

Here's the usual response you get when you contact them about the stark product you didn't order.

I have used mister-auto.co.uk quite a few time over the last few years and never had any problems. They are based in France though so delivery times can be a bit long. There seems to be no history of them substituting parts for their own brand (Bolk) and other than complaining about delivery, the only other bad feedback seems to be from people who put too much faith in the parts compatibility database.

I have never needed to return anything to them so have no idea what their returns policy is like, it's always a risk to safe a few pennies.

I have literally just purchased a full set of TRW discs, Gates cam belt kit, SKF water pump and drive shaft outer and received exactly what I purchased, so not personally had any issues . . . .yet.

Their response you've quoted is completely unacceptable IMO. If the parts ordered are not available, you should be given the choice prior to dispatch on so called equivalent spec parts being sent.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote