View Single Post
Old 11th June 2020, 14:40   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Totally agree, I wonder if it will ever be safe before a vaccine is administered to all those that want and can have it.

macafee2
THIS study may be of interest regarding. It relates to the influenza (all types) pandemic in 2009, during and after. Of course in 2009/2010, a vaccine (which is NOT a cure remember) was available. Trying to find an equivalent study from before the vaccine was introduced is proving difficult. THIS one is the closest I can find, but I cannot see any comparable data to make use of a comparison.

Like any serious transmittable viral infection, people who are infected, should be isolating themselves to help prevent the spread. The lockdown will make people more aware of both it and how it affects others, so with a bit of luck and consideration, people will actually do something about it.

It will NOT be eradicated, it WILL mutate - this is what viruses do. In the meantime of course, that does not help those who contract it and possibly succumb. HOWEVER and this is the important bit to remember, not everyone who contracts it dies from it. On the grand scheme of things, from memory, it is something like 5% of those who do contract it, will succumb. I do not have numbers for it, as records are inaccurate, but a very high proportion of those who do succumb, have an underlying condition. (another factor that muddies the water, is how a virus is not what kills you, but it is a secondary infection - eg pneumonia or another bacterial infection, which can be brought on by a 'regular' flu or cold and these people would not have been identified in the deaths recorded). AND even those with underlying conditions are NOT guaranteed to succumb.

Be sensible, be considerate, and if you have symptoms, even if it seems to be the common cold, self isolate. And coming from a smoker, if you see someone sneeze or cough, do not assume they have it (or any other infection). It is more likely to the increased smoking they will have been doing during lockdown.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!