View Single Post
Old 6th August 2019, 17:38   #5
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi, Respace, sorry to hear your clutch needs fixing. I had to change it on my CDT recently, at a similar mileage. I have a reasonable collection of tools and equipment. It's not an easy job, it took me 4 leisurely weekends, with help and advice from a friend who had done his a while back. I am 63, not as fit as I used to be, and without Mike helping and confirming I was doing things right, (and correcting me when I wasn't), I would have struggled more than I did. But having done it once, I reckon I would find it so much easier the second time. If you don't need a DMF (and mostly they don't,) all under bonnet parts should be less than £150. If you are lucky, and it turns out you only need a mastercylinder, then it should be a lot easier and less costly. If you are fairly handy, and have the space and tools, I'd suggest using the helpful old hands on here, or even better, a willing local owner with experience to help you DIY. BTW, mine was the original clutch, the rivets had worn so far on the driven plate, that the friction material was floating free. Terrible judder on take-off, but no problem with gear-changes or driving at motorway speeds. The thrust bearing fell apart on disassembly too - talk about on its last legs!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote