View Single Post
Old 24th June 2022, 13:33   #114
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Its accuracy is debateable. That’s the whole point of these boards! I wasn’t referring to you, or anybody else on here personally, it’s just another view! I don’t necessarily think Scotland should not join the EU! I’m saying that is the apparent intention within the S. Nats party and comparing that apparent aim with their current favoured membership of the present arrangements. But, as a truly independent country I think they could sink into the North Atlantic.

I’m not lecturing anybody old chap, just expressing my view in polite terms, I hope! You seem to be taking my comments as a personal insult! Steady on! Take a step back!

No, I don’t think ‘lecturing’ others on what is ‘right’ or ‘proper’ is good. Do you? I don't see opposing comment as a personal insult either, just another comment. The only 'lecturing' is done by experts. Are you one of those? Ease up! It’s discussion, not assertion!
Based on the above, it appears to be you who needs to 'ease up' - so far, you have dismissed one of my posts as an anti Brexit rant (which it wasn't) and asserted that any comparison between the Brexit referendum and a Scottish independence referendum is neither relevant nor helpful (which it is). And how do you (and why would you) debate a fact? Unless you can demonstrate otherwise, your point about 'limiting the vote to a tiny minority party' (post #99) is simply untrue. Whatever the merits or otherwise of this thread (and I note Pete's point about politics, although it's hard to avoid it completely), what is the point of inventing 'evidence' to support your argument?
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote