View Single Post
Old 29th October 2021, 16:32   #4
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Fortuna View Post
I've seen this on youTube - it's been around for a while and like most tubers a nice juicy header is required to get the view count up, it's called click bait.
It's all a bit tiresome - I have a 1.8T and it pulls like a train and uses no oil or water - the only thing it does is have quite pronounced piston slap when cold which apparently is quite normal. And I don't believe I am just lucky.
In ten years time somebody will still be cranking out the same old K series hg tales guaranteed.
Ford CVH cambelt stories anyone?
Yep tiresome and full of the usual cliches, however I have watched other videos on the restoration of the car and quite pleased what they are doing to the car. Any car that is neglected will result in the same. Most folks never look under the bonnet, plastic fittings are the death knell along with overzealous tightening and fitting of jubilee clips where spring clips should be used. The k was never designed for overhaul it was a throwaway item. Of course us eco friendly people know better.

I have experienced a few 1.8T engines with the Piston crown ring land area broken /eroded/chipped or missing causing ring rattle along with the piston skirt showing significant wear.

Last edited by Lovel; 29th October 2021 at 16:36..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote