View Single Post
Old 21st May 2020, 11:59   #16
StewartIngram
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.5 V6 auto

You can save 1/2 of the wiring. I've just been scouring the circuit diagrams. The Release switch on the A-post has 2 wires. One wire is connected to the BCU (pin 1, coloured KS). The other wire is connected to Earth (pin 6, coloured B).
When operated, a momentary earth is made for the BCU. So you only need to add another wire to (ie splice into) the KS on pin 1, and run this to the new switch on the boot lid. Of course you still have to get a local earth to connect to the other contact of the new switch, but it saves work running 2 wires all the way through.
I've been meaning to do this mod for ages, having previously seen it done before, but hadn't looked up the details, just left it on the roundtuit pile. However I'm now pressured into it as my boot lock has gone faulty. Since I bought the car, the key needed a much longer turn to do its action, in recent times this has since failed. I guess something plastic has broken, and the actuating lever now doesn't work. That too is on the roundtuit pile, but I like the idea of the pushbutton anyway.
Thanks

Stewart
StewartIngram is offline   Reply With Quote