Thread: Pig in a poke?
View Single Post
Old 13th September 2021, 16:03   #4
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Unfortunately pigs come in various sizes and colours. A report today, I forget where I heard it I was so busy laughing, a commentator raised the question of daily charging and the necessity of having a domestic charging point at owners’ homes.

Think of it, every electric car owner with their shiny progressive greenie machine coming home from work, then the evening meal, then a snatch of telly, then the charging switch in the garage or on the driveway. And, er, what about the poor blighter with only the road to park in?
Don't forget the high rise apartment(s)!
Quote:

Multiply that by a growth factor as yet unknown and suddenly the Grid network is in crisis and could be compromised overnight, the only possibility being selective shutdown of the national grid.
All that coming straight after so many current warnings of large rises in energy costs.

What price progress. That particular pig can get poked.
Last week the Grid was so close to shut down that the NP had to pay £50 million to grease a suppliers hand - ROI and France (who had their own overload situations) - refused power via the interconnecctors. Hence the high price of energy at the moment and we've not had any cold weather yet. Could it be light winds responsible? Apprently, a energy "insider" stated we'll be o.k. once we've doubled our wind turbine builds. Must be a brown envelope job as any fool knows it dose not matter how many windmills there are if the wind is light then it will not provide adequate generation!

Kev

Last edited by torque2me; 13th September 2021 at 16:04.. Reason: missing closing bracket
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote