View Single Post
Old 19th June 2015, 20:44   #4
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Thanks Martyn, I'm still gobsmacked that she isn't being reported for careless driving to be honest: let alone the absence of any proper police report (or even notes in a pocketbook ).

In comparison a (female) colleague at work was involved in a accident on the road to Banbury after her daughter who was driving was forced to swerve to avoid a drunk woman walking in the middle of an unlit country road rolled the car. Although they needed help to extricate themselves they weren't much more bruised than I was. Not only did the Northants police bend over backwards to find the person responsible they used the helicopter as well, and the woman is now being prosecuted for reckless endangerment or some such offence all reports and notes taken and filed as you'd (quite rightly) expect.... go figure.
Quite frankly, it beggars belief, and that's putting it mildly!! Have you thought about lodging a complaint to the police. I don't suppose you were able to get any of the police officers names or numbers, probably not in a fit state. Not that it would do any good, I suppose they just can't be bothered with more paper work!!!
Bet if they'd caught you speeding, even a little it would be different!!!
All the best,
Martyn
squire is offline   Reply With Quote