View Single Post
Old 12th January 2022, 22:42   #20
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
This story seems to have been misunderstood judging by the comments on this thread.

IKEA has not cut sick pay for the unvaccinated who self-isolate after contracting covid, but rather for those who've been in close contact with someone who DOES have covid.

This is because vaccinated people coming into close contact with a person who has covid do not need to self-isolate, whereas if you're unvaccinated you do have to self-isolate.

Therefore if you're unvaccinated and have close contact with a covid sufferer you'll be off work for no reason other than that you couldn't be bothered/didn't want to get vaccinated - not because you're ill.

I'm not 100% sure I agree with the decision, but I can see IKEA's point of view. That being, why should they pay full wages to staff who are off work when they needn't be if they'd had the vaccine?
It is indeed a good question but then as I have already asked, if you break a leg while skiing, which is a self inflicted injury and one you do not need to suffer, would that in time get you reduced sick pay?

perhaps Saga Lout will answer your question.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote