View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2018, 18:42   #9
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 41 View Post
This may help with the sensitivity , it works well for me and came recomended by my Dentist . I use Sensodyne Rapid Relief morning and night and after the usual brushing or when you get a flare up of pain put some on yout tongue and work it around your teeth and gum line but DONT rinse . It works for me and i hope it helps you too .
Hi David, thank you for that tip. By coincidence, I had a flare up of sensitive top teeth and I went to the dentist. He had to give me an x-ray and he opened up the tooth using an injection to freeze everything. He then cleaned it out and told me I needed to floss more often, then he closed up. He said my options are: pull it out, or remove the nerve, or have root canal treatment at £400, if it does not settle.

In the meantime, I am going to try your suggestion first, of using the Sensodyne Rapid Relief. I will mention that I don't have it as bad as Wes. On the toothpaste box it says that its the little holes in the DENTINE layer of the teeth that causes the problems of sensitivity and the Sensodyne carries out the repairs to the holes, making the teeth stronger and whitening them at the same time. How clever is that. Thank you for helping the afflicted
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote