View Single Post
Old 9th January 2019, 16:23   #4
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
It appears Bones is a little poorly again.

Date tested: 8 January 2019

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

Offside Side repeater slightly discoloured (4.4.3 (a))

Brake pedal wearing smooth deteriorated (1.1.2 (c))

Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material front to rear (1.1.11 (c))

Nearside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Rear Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Nearside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material (1.1.11 (c))

Offside Front Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material slight (1.1.11 (c))

Naturally I'm going to get it all fixed, however a quote from Summit to fix it was just shy of £800, so guess where I'm not going.........
So, the Catch 22 is when you cover perfectly good brake lines with grease to prevent them from rusting you get an advisory that they are covered in grease and might be rusty. If you didn't cover them with grease, they probably WOULD be rusty. I think a leak would manifest itself for detection even with the lines greased.

Can you still buy brake pedal pads for these? This is a high mileage in the city issue and will likely become more common as time goes by.

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote