Thread: Coolant loss
View Single Post
Old 10th December 2019, 12:14   #61
robeire
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer 131bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
Hello guys, for about 1 and a half - 2 months the car's been loosing coolant, about 0.5 to 1l per week... now my question is, which could be the possible most suspect culprits? I am thinking that it could be the thermostat housing, my thermostat has been stuck on open (thanks God haha) since I bought the car lol (almost 4 years ago), and I haven't bothered fixing it since having it stuck on open would always circulate the water through the radiator and the worst and only thing it can happen is, when driving on the highway, you'll have the water a little colder than normal 80-90°C which isn't really an issue. But the interesting thing is, why would the thermostat housig give up now only, aloooot later than the thermostat itself? Maybe it's not that at all, any ideas?

Hi ,

I just done mine and tried all the short cuts to no avail .. I still only got heat on drivers side 🤔
What I done was ,with the car cold I clamped off the intake and outake hoses
With cardboard and vice grips not to damage hoses .
Take of panel in footwell . Get a bin liner bag took it in under the heater blower , take some pics on your phone for reassemble.
Get a small pot and undo the pipes .
Rock gently the matrix up and down till it can slide out.

I cleaned mine out with boiling water and lime scale cleaner .
With my garden tap flushed both ways
A mountain of gunk came out .
It was the original one from the factory.
Refit all of the above ,poured back in what came out .be gentle when connecting the pipes .
Mine is like Spain inside now 😇

No mess just heat .

Do this at your own risk .!!!!!!

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk