View Single Post
Old 19th December 2019, 14:08   #1
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default Refurbishing Turbocharger fixings.

Bit of weak sunshine earlier so got the tools out to make a start on the "Project SHIM" ZT-T 1.8T.

All set up and big black clouds assembled overhead from out of nowhere to spoil my plans ... again! Those things are definitely out to get me in recent days, correction... years!

Over those years, have accumulated a few worn K-Series I.8T Turbochargers... usual stuff... worn shaft bearings. Have bought some T25 CHRAs ready for rebuilds.

Despite those clouds, decided to be productive before the rains came so out with the Electric Drill, Rotary Brushes and tackled the corrosion on the various original Turbocharger Coolant Tube Fixings. Using a Mini-Vice, half an hour later all seven items were looking much better with cleaned up threads and hex-flats. Tried some in the new CHRAs and they smothly became fitted using just fingers.

These images show the before and after condition after the wire brush treatment in the old Black and Decker now approaching its fiftieth birthday... Made in Sheffield.

Started to rain quite heavily as I put away the tools... A small victory for me to beat the weather... still a sweet victory though...
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote