View Single Post
Old 29th March 2020, 11:55   #63
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

[QUOTE=Mike Trident;2802210]Like i said in an earlier post, I HAD a little part time job delivering meds for a pharmacy. Due to this virus we are bombed out with requests for delivery, so my "little" job is no longer little.

Then to add to it, before I started this job I used to do a couple of evenings delivering pizza. They called me up and asked if I could go back and help them out because they are a driver down as he is in isolation. I have never been so busy since I retired at 50.

Quote:
Pizza deliveries have gone MAD! It was never this busy before, everyone wants to stay home and have it delivered. Half the local takeaways have closed, so my shop is just crazy. Face mask, gloves, and deliveries put on the doorstep.[/QUOTE
]

Hi Mike.
I am very surprised that people are still ordering takeaways, pizza etc because how do you know if anyone as coughed over the food or not? accidently I mean not on purpose, I have never been a takeaway person anyway I like to make my own food you know what you are eating then and how its been prepared and made.

Big thank you, for helping with the medicine deliveries stay safe out there.

Just had a phone call from my sister, she & husband have caught it, apparently he got it from playing golf just before the lock down, she is a manager of an home, whom looks after people that have brain injury's and other injury's 32 in the care home, daughter is a midwife she's having to self isolate for 14 days.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 4th April 2020 at 00:04..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote