View Single Post
Old 7th November 2020, 00:54   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsnail View Post
As the title says, on the passenger side (I have a LHD car) the vents blow colder air than on the driver's side, regardless if for windshield, face or footwell vents, so for example when I set the temperature at 24°C, the air coming from driver's side is very well warm and on the passenger side it feels like it's set at about 20°C, the difference is definitely very noticeable. And to make matters even more complicated, the air vent behind the armrest (between the seats), always blows cold air, not even a bit warm even if temperature is set at HI. Any ideas how to fix this issues? Flushed the heater matrix but still no joy.
I suspect you will have a blocked matrix. The passenger side (left) on RHD cars tend to block up early, causing it to blow cold. I would imagine it would be the same as for the LHD, however I would have thought it would have been the driver's side on an LHD car that blocked first. I would not have thought the pipe work would have been different between LHD and RHD.

Does the right side footwell blow cold for sure? The reason I ask this is because, I set mine to feet and windscreen, and when my car reaches the set temperature, it blows warm to both footwells, but warm only on the left side of the screen, and cool on the right side. This is a safety function to keep the driver alert. I wondered if you had changed your ATC control (assuming you have dual climate), with one from a RHD car (again I assume the ATCs to be different or programmable).

The rear vents in the console come from the outside. Warm air only comes from below the seats if selected to be warm. Close the vents.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote