View Single Post
Old 11th July 2019, 15:32   #4
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

I met up with some old work colleagues for lunch a few months back in an area I was unfamiliar with. Parked the car (wifes Hyundai) and right away noticed the signs stating "pay by phone" only. Grrrr

It' quicker ans simpler says the sign, so I decide to give it a go.

1st thing, I have to download their stupid app. Phone didn't have a great signal, so I'm waving my 'phone around like a loon until the app is finally loaded.

Phew, now I can pay for my parking. NOPE! Next I have to register. Starting to get irritated now. More 'phone waving and some typing, followed by correcting the typos, then finally all done. At last!! Now to pay for the parking.

NOPE! Have to log a credit card first (really should have seen that coming).

Standing in the car park juggling wallet whilst waving 'phone to get a signal and simultaneously swearing like a trooper (getting REALLY annoyed by this time) I finally get the card logged. Now, can I PLEASE pay for my parking?

Yes! Success, and so much easier than putting a pound coin in the machine (NOT).

I know one of my old colleagues hates this kind of thing, so I'm looking forward to see what he has to say about it. When I broach the subject with him, he cheerily tells me it was no problem as ".. you don't have to pay until 16:00 hrs"!! That pleased me no end, I can tell you .

Really don't like these systems.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote