View Single Post
Old 1st August 2022, 20:04   #36
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Only a few days to go before our 1st meet at our new venue, so I went there today and saw Karina and all good to go , gates will be open for 9 and a reminder if you are there early we have the area immediately in front of you as you go through the gates , there is a grassy area plus some hard standing which may also come in useful for us.

Karina will make us very welcome and is keen to make this work, she is not phased if we only get 20 cars over the weekend but hopefully we can build numbers back up now it looks like we have a new venue for our meets and a reminder that you will need to pay £5 for attending whether you are there for one or both days it is still only £5 which needs to be given to me and I will give you a notice to put in your windscreen which you can add your registration to and will be evidence of payment, it would be appreciated if you would all display the notices on your windscreen when you have paid as it will be my way of knowing who has paid or not given that people arrive at all different times and please bring cash for your entry fee as I do not have a card machine

There will be tea and coffee on sale in Karina’s premises plus light snacks I believe and although there is no compulsion for you to buy we are trying to create a good impression so if we buy a drink or two it will probably go down well

There is a toilet block next to Karina’s premises which is for our use and beyond there is a grassy area and Karina’s garden which we can all use if we want to take a break from the cars and the garden leads onto the canal towpath and the marina so it really is a lovely venue

I will take some pictures of the layout when we are there on Saturday and post on here after the meet ,but I do get a good feeling that this will all work out for us as a new and permanent venue especially as the Four Ashes is still boarded up and empty

Will see those of you who are coming on Saturday and/or Sunday and a reminder of the direction to the new venue from The Four Ashes below:

Directions from the Four Ashes:

Go past the Four Ashes on your left

Under the bridge

Through the industrial estate and over the bridge

Take the next right

Look for the right turn into Kings Road

Take the right into Kings Road

Over the canal bridge and venue is at the bottom of the road on the right

Through the gates

As you go through the gates seen bottom left, this is the area we will be using

Overview of Kings Road leading to the venue bottom left

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 1st August 2022 at 21:01..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote