View Single Post
Old 6th December 2019, 14:44   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbrooks View Post
Gutted today as I have spent £130 on my O/s projector headlamp - it wouldn't fit the female part of the power supply, so had to be sent back. The original was put back to see if it would get through its MOT, but it failed. I have spent so much time faffing around with blown bulbs and struggling with the bumper etc etc - I'm in two minds whether to sell the car. Our headlight are a crappy design and can't be fixed once the internals break!
down in t he dumps now, as the car is off the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not a happy bunny at all- having spent £1300 this year on the car!

Stop and think logically and calmly.

Go to a scrap yard and get two headlights regardless of type and fit them (or speak with one of the traders on here, Mickeyboy would be my first stop). Send a picture of the plugs you have (I didn't realise they were different) to make sure you have no issues.

Getting both lights at a scrap yard, mean you have a matching pair if you cannot get projectors, but it means you will get it through mot and some.breathing space.

If you change your car you could end up with another where you have to spend another 1300 on , at least with this one you know the work is done.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote