View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2020, 20:18   #10853
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Emptied my tools out of the ZT, and filled it to the brim with all manner of stuff, door cards, a couple of wings, two dozen IPK dial faces, a box of LSM, a box of diesel ECM, a couple of V6 bits, a pair of powerfolds with switch packs and looms, and a complete saloon Harmon Kardon setup and other stuff I no longer need or want, then drove to the tip.

On my return I have started to strip my shed out of the Marina hoard, the scrapman has just taken three A series engines, six steering racks, three propshafts, two type 65 Borg Warner gearboxes, and five brand new exhaust systems, along with two new fuel tanks, and a couple of new wings.

I bet the weigh in won't know how rare or indeed what these parts are worth, I'm not bothered, there will be two K series engines out there tomorrow, and a Torsen PG1 gearbox along with three R65U.

Next week I'm dragging the cars off the front, and down to the scrapyard, my wife deserves better, and I'm going to give it to her .

Brian

You cannot take this stuff to the grave, it doesn't make you feel better hoarding stuff, it doesn't matter how rare or valuable
I see your side of it, but living in a place with absolutely NO 75/ZT parts available reading about the powerfold bits being scrapped made me feel a little bit ill. And, having just rebuilt a PG1 (Which I would have loved to put an LSD diff in) well, just Darn!