View Single Post
Old 27th October 2011, 10:38   #2
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgoldstar View Post
2002 conny SE auto CDT saloon.

Without a lot of back story, I have got a new conny saloon and it has a few electrical problems.

To start, the IPK readout is in German, even though the dials are English.

Who cares, I think. I know kph IPKs are available, and I do not need a phrasebook (wrong).

The ATC does not seem to work most of the time. I turned on the fan manually (when I bought the car that is - this comment being correct for some of the other "faults" since found) and the fan worked.

I did not try the heated rear window for actual heating, but the light came on in the switch when I pressed it.

Cruise worked, lights ok, heated seats etc.

I found the door mirror adjustment switches did not work, but the lights were on in the door panel, so I assumed that it would be a minor problem.

When I came to use the car after collecting it, the heating did not seem to work, no blower even when the engine got warm and it was cool enough to require the heating.

The blower manual settings did not stir the fan to action, and the first cool morning revealed the heated rear window (despite the switch being lit up) did not work.

Now I find the demist function of the ATC does not work, no blower and no heated rear screen.

I only found out the parking sensors did not work when I read how they should work on the site!

I pressed the rear sun blind switch and it worked. I stabbed at it a few times and it went up and down like it should.

When I next tried to make it work, nothing happened other than I think I can hear a relay click.

I then read the last "service report" given to me when I bought the car and it included "check for non-operation of windscrenn washer - no feed - carry out wiring mods and test".

I have now looked at the wiring a bit more, and there is an obvious separate feed from the engine fusebox towards the direction of the washer pump, obvious that is if you look for it!

I have checked fuses, etc., and all are fine, with the proviso that the engine fusebox has the added fuse for the washer pump, and there were at three other fuses hanging on wires in the passenger fusebox.

Oops.

Time to look at the owners site.

Wiring mods seem to form a theme of messing up the basic car functions, so I need to bottom them.

Plenums clear, no sign of water damage on the ECU.

I will check the BCU area for water ingress.

I will look for wiring loom damage as reported on the site.

I also read on the site that a dodgy FBH can cause all sorts of problems, so I will try a reset of that and report back.

Anything I missed? Or just feedback from anyone who has the strage mic of ATC/BCU/wiring.

What puzzles me most is the

Best wishes,

Frankgoldstar - north west - added my tag to the map on the site. Finally sorted my paypal woes and did the membership thing. great!
try a batterty reset ,dont forget to have the radio code handy and everything is shut down as it should be ,sometimes this cures electrical promblems ,if that fails then there is a loom that goes through the wing area that sometimes gets cut ,check for bare wires that maybe touching the car body or may be broken ...

Last edited by chrissyboy; 27th October 2011 at 14:08..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote