Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchMike View Post
Hi Pete ,you can't do a reverse bleeding with the OEM master ...the little non
return valve prevent it (normaly )

Mike
Thanks Mike

I have the Tazu master on my car, as you probably know. I thought I saw something posted on here (Delphi technical bulletin ?) saying you can reverse bleed the pre-filled masters - perhaps someone who has attempted it can provide feedback.

My clutch is still good after 1500 miles, but I have noticed the gear change is not as slick since I fitted the HEL hydraulic hose in place of the copper pipe. This hose is quite long (88 cm), so probably 'gives' a bit under the pressure in the system. I am thinking of putting in a hybrid pipe system consisting of a short hydraulic hose replacing the quick fit connector (to reduce noise transmission) fitted to the copper pipe to the master - this should, hopefully, give the nice precise pedal feel you get with the copper pipe, without the noise/vibration issue on the diesels. I think getting rid of the quick-release coupling is no bad thing - I think they are more trouble than they are worth - we have seen recent instances of leaks/failures of the coupling (particularly with Tazu items, so it seems).

I'll let you know how it goes if I do get round to this mod.

Cheers

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote