View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2019, 16:52   #8
robbrooks
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT,160 remap: owner since new in December 2002: Mileage: June22 143,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
is this from the journey to boxtel or the return journey home?

whenever i was leading any convoy on the way there, and when I was leading all of the cars on the way home I ensured I was sticking to all speed limits, most of the journey i was about 5km below the limit and on the 130km stretches I was only going up to around 115km max.

And like yourself, I found a lot of cars overtaking at most times at quite a lot faster speed than what I was doing, especially in France.
Was on the return not far from Calais as it was timed at 1349 - we arrived about 2 hours before the departure of the shuttle. All looks genuine, so its not a scam. I have until 25 November to pay the reduced fine. It goes up to 180 Euro if I don't pay on time. But this is after the 25th December.. Nice of them to make it Christmas day eh! There must be quite a few people getting fines in France as I'm no speed merchant - never have been. What with the breakdown and now this I feel luck wasn't on my side!

Last edited by robbrooks; 2nd October 2019 at 16:56..
robbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote