View Single Post
Old 16th April 2013, 22:15   #14
ceetdm
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Manual Saloon + Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by championdaddy View Post
[Qused a scissorsJackUOTE=ceetdm;1280007]Thank you for your advice so far. Let me just say that I have removed all pinch bolts from both sides.

It's the lower ball joint that i am trying to separate from the the hub. The lower ball joint to hub is not threaded and my understanding is that it's parallel?

I have separated the 'pinch' part of hub to the extent that the first part of the ball joint 'pin' appears loose in the pinch, it's the part above the 'groove' which I cannot get free from the hub.

Sorry if my terminology is not correct.

Tommy :-)
Right. ....I had to Jack the hub up, not the car, at an angle towards the inner wing. To keep the alignment correct for the pub to go downwards.
I found that if I didn't do that, it got stuck just like yours. And no matter how much persuasion. ... it would not budge.
I used a scissor jack at an angle.......then leavered the arm down with a long bar[/QUOTE]

Ah ha! the alignment I think you've got the answer there I did notice that the alignment of the shaft did not look completely parallel when it came out the hub - I'm going to try and get it as straight as I can tomorrow and see if I can lever it out as well :-)

Hope I've not damaged the lower balljoint with all the bashing it got :-(