View Single Post
Old 4th May 2019, 09:15   #8
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

The two jacking pads on the back of my car are welded over with a plate following repair work to cut out the rotted rear jacking points. This was done to cut out the rot and to pass the MOT. I intend at some point in the future to get the points back to their original condition. Tom Hobbs has been mentioned on here as doing a great job of this. Its not an instant priority however.

I did wonder about drainage but again as mentioneed the drainage is provided for by a series of much smaller holes along the sill.

One thing that I have noticed however is this...and I don't wish to appear as Mr Picky but.....

The car came with no jacking pads so I bought a couple and have fitted them onto the front two points.

And I have to admit that when walking back to the car and looking at it as approaching a good few times I have thought 'what thats sticking out under the car?' as in a 'whats dropping off it now' kind of way.

And its the two front jacking pads which totally destroy the clean lines of the sill line of the car. It's not a problem or anything but seems a shame the way they stick out and spoil the line of the bottom of the car.

Some people keep theirs in the boot and just pop them on when needed but I replaced mine because of the thought of muck and moisture getting up into the sill throiugh the larger jacking pad holes as again someone has mentioned on here.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote