View Single Post
Old 24th May 2019, 03:05   #16
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

My maintenance job for the coming weekend is to change the fuel filter on my V6 Freelander. It feels like it has bad turbo lag, but of course it doesn't have a turbo! The pump is similar to the ZT but I don't think it has the clip issue.
The first try will be the fuel filter which has probably never been changed. If not I am wondering if the issue could be with the North American spec fly by wire throttle. Time to break out the manual.
Could be a vacuum leak among other things but the Hippo has all new vacuum lines-Hmmm.

First things first

Update: Changed the filter. It was a VDO filter so was probably the 15 year old original. It's a bit of a 3-handed job to undo the clips holding the filter into the casing
but went well other than spilling petrol all over the place.
Make sure the fuel system is depressurised before removing the fuel line from the pump!
The tip about fitting the rubber pump seal to the flange on the tank before reinserting the pump applies to the Freelander as well as the ZT and is the only way to do it. A very useful tip!
I did find the vacuum line on the rear cam cover wasn't seated properly as well and now the Hippo is performing much better which is good as I'm hoping I don't have to replace any gearbox solenoids.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 27th May 2019 at 20:01..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote