Thread: New ZS EV
View Single Post
Old 18th December 2019, 15:11   #6
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

I thought the price of the ZS EV had been reduced permanently to around £22k? That started out as an introductory offer, but I saw a press release going back maybe 6 weeks or more to the effect that it was no longer limited to the first 800 buyers. Might be worth doing a bit of digging to check that.

The ZS certainly looks like one of the better value EVs on the market - not too small, and still under £25k. Range of at least 150 miles at higher speeds, rising to about 235 if most of your driving is around town. There's a larger-battery variant about to be released in Asia which should make its way over here soon enough - if I remember correctly, 70kWh in comparison to the current version's 44kWh. That would give it a minimum range between charges of around 240 miles on a faster run, closer to 370 for mainly urban driving.

There were only two things I saw about it which would make me think twice if I was in the market for one. Firstly, the charge port cover seems to be quite awkward to access - you have to hunker down at the front of the car to see where you're putting the plug. Secondly, I would need to be sure it was comfortable over longer distances - apparently the steering wheel only adjusts for rake, not reach, and I think there is no adjustable lumber support either. Of course, neither is a definite deal breaker as it's possible that it might all be perfectly acceptable as is, but I do prefer to be able to customise the seating position to maximise my own comfort.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote