View Single Post
Old 10th December 2020, 14:42   #22
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee T View Post
I have the DMGRS inline stat, no undertray, mine sits at 82-84c with heater on 2 bars with max temp. I occasionally see 87c under load but never drops below 82c even in this weather. Do you have a jubilee clip over the stat position in the hose?
That was how it was with my last attempt with the dmgrs stat. (I may have damaged the first one, which barely reached 80). I only changed to.the wahler one after the last dmgrs, because I was convinced more could.be had. Wahler do a 92 version, but hens teeth are easier.and cheaper to buy. Never being.impressed by the quality of the gates, circoli and first line ones (which were as asnear identical to each other, in both materials, construction and results), I figured the brass construction of the wahler made it worth a shot.

When it arrived, I compared the water tightness of the wahler with a new first line one I had. The first line one lost all water in its bowl very quickly, whereas after 5 mins the wahler was retaining 3/4s of its fill.

The proof though was in its fitment. Initial opening temp is 88 degrees, 90 if it is under load, and maintains 86 whilst cruising after its first opening.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote