View Single Post
Old 26th November 2021, 09:59   #4
Ginger Teddy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer conn SE Auto

Default struggling to start from cold

Hi Simon , I always turn the ignition on so you hear everything connect and all lights that should be on are on before attempting to start engine ( do this on modern cars as well as couple of classics I have ). Yes the engine does splutter as it attempts to fire up as if not running on all cylinders and like I say it will fire up on third attempt but it is still struggling, almost like when some of us remember manual chokes and you had flooded it. I run it with the digital temp display on dash and don`t drive off until temp is up to 33 degrees, so I don`t hurry the old girl. Yes I will check the filter canister as a possibility ( what joy now the weather has changed ) but as it`s colder everything is working harder to get that initial start so things are going to occur that probably wouldn`t had done in the milder weather. Thanks for that Simon, and thanks to mbonwick a blocked in tank fuel filter has been noted as a possibility. These are such lovely older cars I can`t imagine not driving it .
Ginger Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote