Thread: BT problem.
View Single Post
Old 4th December 2018, 17:30   #2
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
Some months ago i had trouble with low speed internet speed. Advised by BT to upgrade to fibre,where i would get up to 50mp. During the summer it has been working great, BUT now that the wet weather is back my speed is below 5mp.
Engineer called today and said fault was with the copper wire from junction box 500mts away,as fibre only goes to junction box. Can't fault engineer he was very thorough checking from street boxes all the way back to junction box.
I was not present when he left,but had an e-mail saying problem fixed.Checked my speed,still below 5mp.
As the problem is with outside wiring,would there be any point in me changing supplier,or would it be better if i moved house.
We had exactly this!

I changed supplier and was told I could not have their version of the fibre optic contract because there was not a fibre optic cable anywhere near our house!!

Not only that but the new provider can force BT to clean up the line as they obviously done want to take on a problem line.

My new provider provided me with a report on the appalling service and mis-selling by BT of fibre - and I was able to make a complaint that was upheld and I received nearly £700 back.

As a consequence I NEVER recommend BT.

The engineers are great - after all it was Openreach that were “employed” by my new provider to sort out the mess.

But the sales department and overall corporate honesty of BT is shockingly low to nonexistent.

I recommend switching.

We went with Utility Warehouse and so far they have been very good.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote