Thread: BT problem.
View Single Post
Old 5th December 2018, 09:32   #10
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

I completely agree with the CEO route. Years ago we had phone and broadband through virgin, but on the BT network, it was fine at 1st, but after a couple of months the speed dropped to less than 1mbps (often as low as 0.1mbps) and would often drop out completely for hours. Each time we phoned the help desk they'd get us to do the same checks again and again, then ask us to leave it for a few hours and if it hadn't got better call back and explain and they'd see what else they could do. Every time it didn't get any better and when we called back and explained, they insisted we went through the same tests as we'd already done, again and again and again.

This went on for a few weeks, and in the end I got home from a nightshift and had something online I needed to pay, and the internet was again ridiculously slow, then non-existent! I had Just enough of a mobile signal to send off an email to the CEO of virgin media, and within hours I had a call from 1 of his secretaries, refunded the money from the last 2 months, and an engineer came out the next day to have a look. Unfortunately they couldn't seem to find the issue, and so they gave us some compensation and let us end the contract before it was up without any further payment. We moved out within a few weeks so don't know if it ever got sorted.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote