View Single Post
Old 15th December 2018, 12:33   #6
Roderick
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDT Connoissuer SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Enjoyed your tales of your journey. We have been driving through different parts of the continent for over 30 years, and can honestly say we have always really enjoyed it. In fact we are just posting a Christmas card to friends in Italy who we met on our tour which went down through France to Italy in 2006. Great people the Italians.The only problem was the roads other than the m/ways. I wonder what the difference will be when we have left the EU with regards to travel?

Thank you, I hoped others would enjoy it. I wrote it because SO many others – English AND foreign all say "how do you drive on the other side of the road!" Well, it really is no problem at all. Perhaps roundabouts are initially perplexing and you have to keep your wits about as Italians especially regard directional inidcators as a manufacturers optional fitment and as for parking … !!
Also the road surface conditions in many smaller roads are terrible, far worse than even UK potholes, so am treating the Rover with greater empathy when driving here.
Leaving the EU will almost certainly bring much more expense, delay and complication. Driving through EU countries without a single border stop is so easy and very envious of EU drivers nipping in and out of each others country. However, I can also see that to be a problem for many in UK, hence, Brexit. It might be even more complicated if we as Brits drive our LHD Fiat to UK??