Thread: Back again!
View Single Post
Old 7th November 2013, 20:59   #1
lew893
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTI

Default Back again!

Hi all I'm back in an MG ZT although a lot less thirstier than my last V6 I now have a CDTi version which I bought from Championdaddy via ebay. So far other than a few age related problems it goes like a dream forgot how good these cars are on the motorway! It has broke down once but it was teh diesel fuel pump in the tank a pipe come away which was sorted at the road side by the RAC (bought a new pump whilst waiting for the RAC but as its ok gonna keep it in the boot just incase!) Its got 143000 miles on it but does go and run like a car with less than half that! No smoke at all even when high up the revs, pulls the caravan like a dream! Already changed the head unit, cleaned out the washer bottle filter as it was blocked, fitted the auto boot opening springs thing which were supplied with the car got a spare set of alloys from suzublu after I had a blow out on the M1 and had to drive 250 miles on a space saver! Not fun! so now have a full size spare and two rims to be fitted with winter tyres. ALso got a stone chip in the windscreen from a truck! Been a troublsome week of ownership but it 10 years old at the end of the day and I love it already! Cavalier will be finding a new home tomorrow!
I also own as a family car a Seat Leon TDi which is modded a bit, also a 1999 Kawasaki 600 Ninja ZXR and a Honda BlackBird.
Heres the outgoing car

And the only pic I have of the ZT

Needs a good polish! But happy with it!