View Single Post
Old 6th October 2021, 12:12   #10
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Possibly not.

But how about the car in Lane 3 of a 4 lane motorway doing 65mph while Lanes 1 and 2 (and often 4 as well) are empty?

I believe that they can be prosecuted (as can anyone who undertakes them) but it seems that the policy is that they need to be followed for something like 3 miles by a traffic car in order to do so. I've no idea how many successful prosecutions there have been but as there are a microscopic number of actual Police traffic officers out there I can't imagine that it's a great number.

I do know it's a pain when you're wafting along nicely with the cruise set at 70mph and have to go from Lane 1, to 2, to 3, to 4 to overtake them and then back to lane 3 and 2 and 1 to resume the wafting along in a still empty Lane 1.

Speed cameras are much more useful (aka profitable) because as we're all repeatedly told......Speed kills and some numpty in completely the wrong lane isn't a hazard at all, are they.....
I've always found it possible to waft along in the inside lane, sometimes for many a minute. The problem is that as soon as you come up behind HGV's or slower traffic the next lane is always occupied (even though the lane behind one is empty) and thus one is not able to overtake.

In my area the markings on the road change to smaller oblongs (like the give way one's) about a mile before the change.

Would we pass ther driving test now?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote