View Single Post
Old 16th February 2022, 20:30   #3
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

I had exactly the same happen to me 3yrs ago. stopped waiting for quite some time at traffic lights and then bang !! . he was around 30 yrs old driving a white small vauxhall combi van. he went under the rear of my 75 , lifting the rear wheels up off the road. ... i could not move the car forward to get off. after reversing backwards and forward numerous times , against shouts of "no dont do that" , she broke free. i made him produce his adress and phone number and even rang the number to check it.he showed me his drivers license and confirmed his address was correct. when asked if he was " blind" or what ? he said he was looking at his satnav map on his mobile phone for directions !! His headlights were smashed,wings pushed back, bonnet crumpled up to half way, grill smashed and valance pushed right under the front/ plus parts on the floor. the rover had a small crack on one side of the rear bumper, and had lifted out from the firtrees. I drove home no problem. i did not want to go through insurance and two days later he agreed and paid me £400 cash . i already had a spare rear bumper which i fitted. the only other damage was to the plastic mounts under the tail lights (which i replaced) and the exhaust heat screen above the tail pipes needed fettling back into shape. i am convinced if it was another marque ... it would have been down the scrapyard. .. im sure.
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote