View Single Post
Old 10th October 2017, 09:10   #8
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Oh..okay. But it still had the ;

Saunders 160 remap
Pipercross Air Filter
GBE D-EVO Manual Boost Controller (24Psi)
G&M Aluminium Intercooler
SFS Upper and lower Silicone Intercooler Hoses

?

Also, What is the air intake mod you removed?

He says in his ad that it has an airbox mod? Is that the same thing?

And what did the synergy do? Excusing my ignorance..

And has anyone else had to have the synchro repaired? What did it cost any of you?

Thanks for the reply so far. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
The synchro is part of the gearbox so not easily fixed, no, although it could be driver error just rushing the gearbox.

The bolts for the mirror are cheap to replace but the metal they screw into on the mirror is soft so it’s more likely it’s crissthreaded and the mirror will need replacing. I wouldn’t try to replace it by the side of the road unless you are comfortable taking a door card off on a ZT quickly.

The car had 170HP last time I had it on a rolling road (it’s got a decat also). I added a bigger intercooler but then took away the Synergy, EGR bypass and air intake mod when sold so if probably left with slightly less. The seller has added a larger down pipe which will increase power but I’m not convinced all that adds up to 180HP.

The clutch will wear faster with more power being transferred through it, but bear in mind it was running over 150HP since about 2012 and the whole clutch, dmf, master and slave cylinders was replaced about 2 or 3 years ago.
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote