View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2018, 21:50   #1
david2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Default manual gearbox gear selector

hi to all
on Monday I had difficulty selecting gear on my rover 75 tourer manual diesel,so today my friend and I had a look to see what was wrong took the battery and battery box off so we could see what was wrong
there is excessive play in the gear stick and this made it difficult to select gear as I moved the gear stick from side to side my friend kept a eye on the gear selectors on the gearbox he noticed that one of the gear selectors had excessive play this selector has a nylon block on it and this nylon block moves the selector from side to side
my friend asked if I still had the gearbox off of my old 75 he wanted to compare the two so I went and got my old gearbox I nearly had a hernia caring it and straight away you could see that there was very little play in my old gearbox and it looks like that the nylon block is either worn or damaged so the next job will be to remove the selector and change the nylon block only problem getting access to the push on fix to remove it and
then the pivot pin I hope there will be enough space to remove this pivot pin can I buy this nylon block or does it mean I will have to make one
all the best david
david2000 is offline   Reply With Quote