View Single Post
Old 18th June 2019, 21:01   #146914
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I rarely criticise the NHS but the GI Unit at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary leaves a lot to be desired. I had a liver biopsy a few weeks ago and was told I'd get the result in writing, nothing appeared, wasn't overly bothered, presumed the consultant was leaving it til my appointment today. Went up, appointment has been rescheduled to October but they didn't think to let me in on the secret

Its not the first time they've cocked up, I mentioned before that they omitted to advise me about stopping aspirin before the biopsy which resulted in that being delayed.
It’s the sort of worry you don’t need, although you said your not overly bothered. If you remember Steve, in February I had a GI bleed and a biopsy from the stomach was taken. The delays in getting the results was down to the reporting in the lab. Twice the consultant rang up for them. Eventually they took a month to come through in writing, a non malignant stomach ulcer. Being on blood thinners and not allowed any aspirin or Ibuprofen, I can’t take the chance of having another GI bleed. I agree with Jeff, if anything urgent showed up in your biopsy, you would have been contacted about it. How long do you have to take Aspirin?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote