Thread: Trip computer
View Single Post
Old 12th October 2020, 17:35   #10
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Other than a T4 Session, I believe you can do this with TOAF and also using Phil-T4's free program discussed here: https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=227943

TC
Fiddle update.
I expect many old hands will probably know the following but for anyone of us newbies it might save a bit of frustration. Seems you can change language (text) setting from the bordmonitor menu without T4 (but I don't know whether my computer has been otherwise enabled etc. by others in the past).
1. Ignition Pos.2 and press bordmonitor 'Menu' button. Using RH navigator knob (nk) rotate and select 'Set', press nk
2. From Set screen menu, using RH nk rotate/navigate and select 'Camera Alert', press nk and then rotate to highlight in turn the 3 option boxes, left to right these are - Off, On and a blank. The blank is the Language select box, highlight this first and press nk
3. On mine it defaults to G (German) with the other two options being F (French) and GB (English); if you press nk the whole screen text displays in German (because the cursor is already at the far right box which just happens to be G (German). Rotate nk to GB and press nk, display reverts to English. Press bordmonitor 'Menu' button and you will be back at the bordmonitor 'Menu' screen.
4. Go back through the whole process again until you are back at 'Camera alert' and then select 'On' and then press bordmonitor 'Menu' button to end setting process.
On mine I've now got English text on the IPK and I appear to have 'Camera Alert' too; the aural language on the sat. nav. is English
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote