View Single Post
Old 29th November 2020, 11:39   #16
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, I will follow the correct procedure in future! (Honest )

Yeah I think will rear it's ugly head again, leaks usually do from previous experience. I'm planning on ordering a few bits soon as the little one loves the rover and wants to go out in it every time we go anywhere!

I have this morning, taken the gril out and the small plastic piece behind the grill to have a good look at the fan and found no resistor so believe my fan is the later 3 speed non resistor type?

I did exactly this test and found as soon as I hit the demist button and Aircon on the fan kicked into life and with a stop watch timed how long the fan stayed on.. it stayed on for over a minute and still didn't turn off (engine started from cold)

So can only mean the fan is working as should be I take it? Little bit hard to tell if it's running at full speed or if it's at low speed, the only thing that makes me think it's running as it should be is the fact that it didn't turn off after 30 seconds and then spinning back up and then turning off again, it stayed on continuously which I'm hoping is correct.

Thanks
Rob
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote