View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2021, 20:50   #5
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Thanks for the info Simon, but unfortunately I've been monitoring the gauge for 3 or 4 months now and it was only last night that I confirmed in my own mind that there is definitely an issue.

I know this because on 2 previous occasions, I've refuelled albeit with the ignition on (not engine running, as last night) - and both times the gauge has moved, although not to the extent that I was expecting for the quantity of fuel added.

The last time, the gauge started rising as I pulled the pump trigger, but stopped on a quarter tank whilst I continued filling. Again, the gauge shot up once the ignition was turned off then on again.

Having also had numerous other 75/ZT variants over the last 20 years, this car's gauge just isn't indicating the fuel level as I've come to expect from the model.
My gauge is all over the place, one day you switch on and it shows full, next day a quarter full and on consecutive days any thing between 1/4 and full. So I have to keep watch on the mileage to be sure I dont run to low as I cant rely on the gauge.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote