View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2021, 00:06   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default Sold

... the ZT.

Sadly I've been contemplating selling the MG's, I don't really know why, but something just felt right. My health has taken a nose dive and quite frankly cars are the last thing on my mind at present.

I sold the TF just before Christmas to this lovely guy, he also wanted to buy the ZT right there and then, but I wasn't ready to sell at that point.

However it got me thinking, it wasn't about the money, I guess it was my laziness in having to maintain the cars. I'm not getting any younger and with my rubbish health at present I just didn't want the extra burden.

I didn't advertise the ZT as the guy just came and bought her with no quibbles. These cars are true future classics, so don't go selling yours cheaply guys, I let mine go for £2500 and the TF sold for £2750, these cars speak for themselves as you know.

This now means my TF and ZT are now back together again, the guy also has a garage, this has made me very happy as both cars will be kept dry and warm. John is his name and comes from America, he must be one of the nicest genuine guys you will ever meet, I have no doubt he will love and cherish the ZT and the TF as much as we have.

So today we said our goodbyes to our gorgeous beauty, she has given us so much joy over the six years of ownership, not forgetting the blood sweat and tears. Most importantly the enjoyable car shows and club meets where we have had the pleasure of making some wonderful amazing friends, this just reinforces how wonderful the MG Rover brand is, not forgetting the great success of this club and everyone involved including all it's superb members.

I originally joined this club back in 2009 with a wedgewood blue 75 Club, I received a very warm welcome and knew right from the start this was a very nice place to be. I was so impressed with the 75 I actually went and bought another 75 in the same webgewood blue colour two weeks later, this obviously led me onto the ZT's, the MK1 being one of the best cars I have ever owned.

I still hope to be around in the future, you cant get rid of me that easily, my health allowing that is. A huge thanks for now guys and girls, I hope to be posting soon, with love and best wishes to you all.

Drive those roads you beautiful car, continue to turn those heads, we will miss you.
Love forever, Dallas family.

Last edited by Dallas; 2nd February 2021 at 00:20..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote