View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2021, 09:22   #8
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Cars of any make, getting to around 20 years old, need some fettling to keep them sweet. Rolling around on cold, damp concrete or any other surface in the wintertime doesn't seem to be as much fun as it did years ago. I used to maintain a fleet of vehicles up North, in all weathers. Recovering HGV s from slush covered motorways, freezing cold and wet through used to be the order of the day. Warming yourself in a flow of diesel fumes from the exhaust of a recovery truck used to be a pleasure.

My recent exploits, almost gassing myself with paint fumes in the heated garage had me thinking too!

I may not be far behind you but what to have in the Rover's place is a minefield. I would like something simple, well built, turboless and high enough to get in and out with ease!

Take care and stay safe. Good health is the most important thing.

Couldn't agree more. Maintenance is getting more and more demanding and difficult. For me the time has come to part with my CDT saloon after 10 years, MOT failure end of last autumn with spreading tin worm at the rear, and after having stood for most of last year doing very little, I don't actually need it. I'm spending more time fiddling with my bikes in the relative shelter of the garage, and we've still go the 1.8t tourer (for now). Just one or two more choice bits to remove to go on ebay and I'll be calling the scrappers next week. I don't want to be rolling around under a car when it's cold and wet - usually takes me a few days to recover. And when it's not cold and wet I've got better things to do.

My Hat is off to Dallas for letting go when the cars are still in good enough condition to sell. It's not easy (hence the 3+ months and mine is still on the driveway!)

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote