View Single Post
Old 15th February 2024, 16:05   #3
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Thanks for that Mike, from a few conversations I've had, you're completely correct.

However, after a great deal of internet searching, trawling through comparison sites and making phone calls, I think I've finally found a suitable European breakdown policy

It's Adrian Flux's own breakdown cover, called 'Flux Rescue'. Only available as an annual policy, it's £99 for 12 months cover and pays out up to £3500 in any one year. No limit on the age or mileage of the car (however, I've declared both to avoid any problems later ) and provides covers for both the UK and Europe, on the basis that the policy covers a specific vehicle, rather than personal cover for an individual. The insurance is provided by 'Trinity'.

But most importantly, any repatriation of the car is not linked to it's current market value or broken condition - just the maximum policy payout value of £3500. I also received confirmation that should the total costs of shipping the car back come to more than that, I can top up the difference to ensure it comes home.

Obviously, it would be up to any member to ensure it provides the cover they need, but it certainly looks ok, having studied all the small-print in detail. Hopefully we won't need to use it, but the proof of the pudding.....

I eventually spoke to a very helpful chap at Adrian Flux's, called Harry Cunliffe and really can't fault his service - doing everything he promised to do on each occasion and answering all my many questions !