View Single Post
Old 10th April 2019, 16:44   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
OK, went to the medical day case ward 8:30 yesterday, hung about for 90 mins or so then taken into the ward. Went through the pre procedure checks, 101 dumb questions, got them right and won a wristband! Got handed another information sheet, reading it, mentioned aspirin . . . . err, excuse me, I'm on daily aspirin and nobody mentioned stopping it!

That's odd, my kidney biopsy leaflet mentions stopping taking aspirin, clopidogrel and Wafarin, some days before the op.. These thin the blood and hep prevent clotting. The blood does need to clot after an op.. I'm not on any of those, I was on aspirin, but advised to stop taking the aspirin after my oesophagus bleed last August - no one has suggested restarting taking them.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote