View Single Post
Old 30th March 2022, 13:27   #1
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

Default Airbag light on and water damage.

Hi all, My car in Spain (LHD) has been parked up in a car park in Alicante since 14 January 2020, just over 2 years. Apparently it has water damage to the front/rear? carpet/s as it has been very wet these past few months! Did not appearto leak at any time before it was parked up.

The car park people had to jump lead it to start it, then found it needed water in the radiator as it overheated once started, so topped it up. Car taken to a garage by Linea Directa recovery. A new battery has been fitted and the mechanic (british) stated that the airbag light stays on, well this used to happen intermittently, he has now hardwired the cable and the light went off presumably! He had mopped up a quantity of water?
The car then taken back to the carpark people for them to arrange for the ITV (M.O.T.) to be undertaken. (they have ways and means to increase the bill?) Anyway, airbag light still on this morning so not worth taking it for its I.T.V. I spoke to the garage again and they are going to check it again and then take it themselves for the I.T.V.
My query is, is it correct to hardwire the cable as they have done, i.e. future problems, incorrect operation of airbag.

I am aware of the problem with the water entering either through the sunroof or the sunroof drains as I have done this job on my Tourer a few years ago, so hope it is just through the sunroof.
All advice appreciated.
skinnyL is offline   Reply With Quote