View Single Post
Old 7th December 2010, 14:22   #407
RichB
Gets stuck in

ZT260 SE, ZT-T+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicey View Post
i know this might sound radical..... has anyone tried running there cars without the under engine tray??? this is designed not only to protect the engine but also to direct air around the engine bay to aid cooling, my bro-in-law was trained on rover/mg and told me the other day if you see a 75 without the tray it could easily over heat, he said he had worked on a number that had done this, i have no idea as a bit of a monkey when it comes to mechanics but he is real good, always fixes my cars (and he has had to that alot with the cars i have had lol), he only mentioned this as mine is held on by cable ties lol and he said to get it fixed properly as if it comes off it wont do it any favours, he also mentioned something about the egr bypass valve, if you do the bypass it can raise the temp?? again no idea, he may have been pulling my wotsits lol but who know, i just thought i would throw my two pence worth in.
May be an issue with other models, but I don't think the diesel will suffer those problems. I ran mine with the radiator completely blocked with a sheet of cardboard and barely managed to get it up to normal operating temp.

Rich
53 MG ZT 260 SE Monogram Garnet Red #073
61 Seat Exeo ST TDI Daily Driver
99 Mazda MX-5 Turbo tracktoy
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote