Thread: 52.3 mpg.....
View Single Post
Old 6th July 2019, 14:22   #19
Ken Lion
Gets stuck in

R75 2.0 CDT Club SE Tourer

This subject comes up every few months and always seems to go over the same ground, usually with people talking at cross purposes.

People come up with good figures (like 56+mpg as above) they've had on a good run and other people 'point out' that they're not possible and refer to the official figures.

Both are correct because they're usually talking about different things.

It certainly IS possible to get 56mpg or higher in a manual diesel 75 on a good individual run, when it's summer, mostly motorway/dual carriageway, and with normal, restrained driving.

But over a longer period, with mixture of weather, driving conditions and roads the average will usually be between the official figures.

It's just coming up to 5yrs with my 75 and I've recorded every fuel purchase and every 'trip' mpg in that time and the overall average is 46.4mpg and that's 70% town driving.

But when I do my regular trips to N Wales (twice in the last couple of weeks, including one to Jules at Colwyn) with all but 10miles of a 200m round trip on motorway and about 40% at 70mph, its always 56+mpg.
Ken Lion is offline   Reply With Quote