Thread: My two 75's
View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2014, 11:37   #110
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Update

It's been a busy summer this year as we've been away with the caravan a lot. During one of these trips we had a nasty sway and since then the missus has been looking at replacing the diesel which is he car.

Meantime during re construction of our drive way to make better space when the caravan is at home I had to sit the diesel out on the street for a couple of nights. ( well I wasn't going to sit my V6 out in the street !! )

Unfortunately my new neighbour misjudged his width and hit the missus's car putting a small dent on the rear wing and fuel filler flap. I've managed to get the rear bumper back into place and am waiting on a friend of my son to tidy the paintwork up.

MOT is due next week so right on cue yesterday the airbag warning light came on.
OK it may just be a corroded sensor, but I seem to remember when my V6 was due its' MOT just a week before the ABS light came on resulting in a new sensor being required.

Just my luck I suppose but anyway I think this may well be the last year we will have the diesel if the missus gets her way it will be either be a Mercedes or an Audi in its place as tow car so when the time comes it will be a good car for someone and you guys will be the first to know.

Alternative is to swop to the V6 for towing and get e new smaller car but with the V6 being rather thirsty and it is 12 years old I would rather replace the tow car with a newer car. Only thing my choice was an XF but the missus is not so keen.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote