View Single Post
Old 5th August 2015, 18:38   #22
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWIL View Post
Steve,
Would I be correct in assuming that the O-ring is there to stop the cable end (square + round lugs) from sliding towards the plate thus disconnecting the cable?
Links to suppliers?
The o ring does appear to limit movement of the front cable so i suspect you are right. This compensator is a great improvement, and i suspect will be much more tolerant of poor adjustment at the hubs than the old version because it equalizes force between the wheels over a wider range of movement. I have not yet readjusted my hubs, but i can now feel that the force i am applying is going to both wheels evenly because you can hear them both start to squeal at the same time when you pull the brake on from a gentle roll downhill. Before, my passenger one applied first and a click later the driver side did.

Because my driver side is now applying properly again, during the course of the day my drum has been getting cleaned up through successive applications, and the brake is actually getting better as the day rolled on.

as arctic has said, it does take slightly longer to fit than the original stainless mod, but in my case it only extended the job by about 10 minutes so im not complaining.

As far as links to suppliers, got mine from ebay for £5 so just keep searching ebay until one comes up.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote